This week I am doing data processing.
100 palettes, each with 5 colors are obtained. Each 6 digit code represents a color,
The code is cleaned up, and only odd digits are concerned, since the base 16^1 = 16, and 16^0 =1. the even digit (16^0 =1) will have much less influence on the color. For the purpose of this project, it can be seen as a fine tuner.
After obtaining the Data, I am looking for:
- V1: Approximation of what Colors are in the palette
- V2: Saturation
- Saturation Differences: How much contrast does a color palette usually have: what is the maximum difference of colors in this palette?
- Counts (i.e.) how many saturated and unsaturated colors do people use in a 5 color palette? What is the optimal ratio?
- V3: Tint and shade
- Counts: how many tints and shade do people use in a palette? What is the optimal ratio? What is avoided?
- V4: Harmony Type: What are the type of harmonies used? How frequently are they used
- Does harmony have influence on saturation or tints and shade?
Color Palette Generator Progress:
- User picks a first color in 6 digit hex code. Then user will be asked to specify a harmony.
- Then program generates the color palette based on the harmony , color approximations, and rules established above form data.
- program will do minimum modification to the input color for it to fall in four other ranges that are next to the input color.
- There is little or no change to saturation.
- The program then modifies the palette based on harmony, for saturation, tints, and shades.