X

Week 1: Welcome to my blog!

Mar 12, 2021

Hello everyone! My name is Mimi Yang and welcome to my blog! For my senior project, I will be working with Mr. Liu, a researcher at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. He will be helping me with my research on the gender wage gap and how it has been affected by COVID-19. I hope I will be able to gain more experience in research through this opportunity.

This week I am starting off with literature research to narrow down the scope of my research while also getting familiar with the equipment they sent me. I have had a few bumps along the road so far. The equipment that was sent to me did not have the needed software downloaded so I could not access the database for research. My advisors have been very helpful and considerate, walking me through every step to help me with the set up. Hopefully, I will be able to get everything ready by next week.

I am excited to be sharing my journey with everyone, and I will let you know if I find anything interesting!

7 Replies to “Week 1: Welcome to my blog!”

1. Karan M. says:

Exciting stuff! I look forward to seeing where your research brings you.

2. Annie W. says:

I’m so excited for your project and am curious to see what you find.

3. Jacob J. says:

Sounds interesting! It’s nice to have someone to help you along the way especially step by step.

4. Eric M. says:

I’m interested in knowing what kind of software can help with literature research and how that works. Tell us more!

1. EPittman says:

Hello Eric! There is an entire field of studied called Digital Humanities, which include English and Literature scholars, who use software, coding, computing to study literature. Perhaps you will take a class in this field one day! 🙂

1. EPittman says:

Hello Mimi! I am so excited to follow your blog and read about the work you are doing. Your topic is urgent and your research necessary.

I know you have probably learned more than you realize from the initial complications of the past week. You are resilient and dedicated!

(Sorry (not sorry) that my reply to Eric’s comment was not totally on topic. I couldn’t help myself.)

5. E Vander Wall says:

Mimi, This is such an important project, and I am really looking forward to your posts. Research hiccups can be so frustrating, but the team you’re working with sounds very supportive. I can’t wait to see highlights of your work as the weeks progress.