Greetings! Welcome to my final blog post! This week I have been working on my presentation and final deliverable, which will contain a report/short paper on my research and some tunes made by EarSketch. As a closer, in this blog I will answer my research question: will artificial intelligence music software continue to assist musicians, or will it render them obsolete in the future?
I would say my research and analysis can be broken down into three main parts:
- Reading and analyzing code and research of ByteDance’s GiantMIDI project
- The Interview with Dr. Dannenberg
- Case Study of EarSketch
I will expand each phase of my project in great detail in my presentation. Meanwhile, my conclusion and answer to my research question is as follows:
- Artificial Intelligence music software will primarily serve to assist musicians by increasing productivity, though it will also slightly shift the roles of musicians
- One important impact of these software is that they are bringing more and more people from other areas to learn music
- Musicians will not be rendered obsolete in the near future due to restrictions from copyright law and other factors.
Reflecting on this journey, there were definitely some obstacles and challenges on the way (especially because this is my first time doing an independent research project along with an internship experience), but overall I am proud to say that it has gone well. Thank you so much for following me on my research journey! I’ll see you on the road! Much love,
Peter Li 33