- For Fall 2018 admissions, all children must be three in Pre-K1 by the first day of school and four in Pre-K2 by September
30, 2018. If your child has a birthdate after September 30, please contact Admissions by e-mail or call 703.854.1253 to discuss options.
- For the 2017-18 school year, our Pre-K1 and Pre-K2 classes are Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 3:30 PM. We do not offer partial days; students must enroll for the full day. Start/end times for the 2018-19 school year may change. For more details, please contact Admissions.
- We offer Early Bird care from 7:00 AM–8:30 AM, Monday through Friday.
- We offer Late Bird care from 3:30 PM–6:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Each class has two full-time teachers in the classroom.
- Special classes in Mandarin, Music, Drama, and STEM Discovery will be taught once a week.
A Day in the Life
Our daily schedule for the Pre-K1 and Pre-K2 classes consists of learning blocks that are 25 or 30 minutes long. A sample daily schedule is below.
- Morning Meeting and Calendar
- Math Discovery
- Outdoor/Indoor Play and Snack
- Creative Writing
- Language & Literacy
- Lunch and Outdoor Play
- Nap or Quiet Play Time & Snack
- Free choice
- One specialist-led class: Art, Music, Drama, Mandarin, STEM Discovery (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- World Discovery
- Recess (2 times per day)
- Goodbye and Transition to Late Bird
In our Early Learning Program, children have access to an outside play area, indoor play area, and several unique spaces for specialist-led classes.
For more information about the BASIS Independent Early Learning Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 854-1253.